-
Read-Only Hard drive?
Hi, I'm a Knoppix/Gnoppix newbie.
And I'm not sure if this question has already been asked.
However, I can't modify/create/delete files on my hard disk partitions after I mount 'em.
These are the commands I execute just in case there was a mistake on my part.
cd /mnt
mount hda1
... after this I can just view the files and nothing else.
And I have the same problem on both live cd's... anyone have a solution?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By GuessWho in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 05:08 PM
-
By NinaBlount in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 12:43 AM
-
By AndersonSS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 06:35 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By Keilaron in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 04:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01