I've installed knoppix on a new compaq presario 3045us laptop, done the acpi patch and reconfigured/compiled a fresh 2.4.22 kernel, but I'm stilll having some irritating problems that i had with live CD version:
Modprobe cant' locate certain modules at bootup. For example,
modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-2. [i think this is floppy drive, according to modprobe.conf--my comp doesn;'t have a floppy drive]
cant' locate keybdev, mousedev,
cant' synthesize input events,
pci** cant' locate hotplug events,
can't locate char-modules. etc......
I was able to fix only a couple of others by removing them with SysV-Init editor but SysV-init wont let me remove these problems.
How do I make modprobe stop looking for these modules that don't work on my machine?
Otherwise, it seems to bootup ok. These errors make bootup take longer and it's embarassing seeing all those error messages at boot up.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$8999.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99