I am having problems with my netgear fa311 network card.
I couldn't get it working when running from the CD with a "normal" boot up. Spent two weeks trying.
I finally realised that it was the network card...
If I boot with the failsafe option and then use the "modprobe natsemi" command followed by "pump"...the network card jumps into life.
From this point I can save my setting to floppy drive. However if I then boot with "knoppix floppyconfig" I get my settings back but again the network card doesn't work. I thought the save settings would save the network config etc.
So I try again, this time booting with "knoppix floppyconfig knoppix nodhcp".
Then trying the modprobe natsemi command followed by pump but the card doesn't work.
I guess my question(s) are these:
Is there a "no" boot option that will stop the network card being setup? allowing me to have a normal boot just missing the network card and restoring my settings eg language (UK english)
Can I boot with failsafe and then restore setting from floppy by altering what is saved onto the knoppix.sh file on the floppy disk?
Please help,
Lee.

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001
$79.99
Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair
$2699.00
Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99
VINTAGE IBM ThinkPad 570 Type 2644 13" Laptop Intel Pentium READ
$122.18
$80.00
Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00
Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +
$74.95
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse
$159.95
Toshiba Satellite Pro 400CDT Vintage Laptop Computer Retro Windows PC Parts Only
$125.00