-
network card and boot options
I am having problems with my netgear fa311 network card.
I couldn't get it working when running from the CD with a "normal" boot up. Spent two weeks trying.
I finally realised that it was the network card...
If I boot with the failsafe option and then use the "modprobe natsemi" command followed by "pump"...the network card jumps into life.
From this point I can save my setting to floppy drive. However if I then boot with "knoppix floppyconfig" I get my settings back but again the network card doesn't work. I thought the save settings would save the network config etc.
So I try again, this time booting with "knoppix floppyconfig knoppix nodhcp".
Then trying the modprobe natsemi command followed by pump but the card doesn't work.
I guess my question(s) are these:
Is there a "no" boot option that will stop the network card being setup? allowing me to have a normal boot just missing the network card and restoring my settings eg language (UK english)
Can I boot with failsafe and then restore setting from floppy by altering what is saved onto the knoppix.sh file on the floppy disk?
Please help,
Lee.
Similar Threads
-
By fweeee in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 08:54 AM
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By Joris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 03:44 PM
-
By ramoncio in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 01:59 PM
-
By softgun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 2x E5-2650 V4=24 Cores H730P 64GB 2x 960 SSD + 4x 4TB SAS
$2797.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99