I finally found hwsetup-1.0-14.
http://www.hgz.com/knoppix/Packages
Found info at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...hlight=hwsetup
I am multicasting the info and will soon mirror the source.
On http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/sources , there is an old version (1.0-9) of hwsetup, but July and September 2003 Knoppix releases had a more recent version of hwsetup (1.0-14).
Why ?
I finally found hwsetup-1.0-14.
http://www.hgz.com/knoppix/Packages
Found info at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...hlight=hwsetup
I am multicasting the info and will soon mirror the source.
hwsetup 1.0-14 source is mirrored on http://www.mediom.com/~rener/linux , along with my ports of the Knoppix auto-configuration.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99