Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: NIC Card not found after hd install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4

    NIC Card not found after hd install

    When I booted knoppix from the cd I was able to get online with my nic card (Linksys LNE100TX(v5)) without any configuration. After installing it to my hard drive I am unable to detect my nic at all. I don't understand why it worked when I booted from the cd but doesn't when I boot from the hard drive.

    Thanks,
    Matt

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    does your card at least appear in the output of "lspci" ?
    then try "sudo netcardconfig"

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4
    When I run "lspci" my nic card does appear but when I run "netcardconfig" I get a popup saying "no supported network cards found." I don't know why it wouldn't be supported because it works when I run the cd but not on my hd.

    Thanks,
    Matt

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    94
    Hi Matt,

    boot from your CD and look which net module is loaded (lsmod). Try insmod <your_module> on your HD system. If this works you can append <your_module> to /etc/modules.

    Ciao Martin

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145
    Thanks horo, this helped me too. My network card wasn't making a good connection when I did the HD install! lsmod showed that 8139too was missing.

    Stu.....

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    4
    Thank you so much horo,
    I'm so glad that you provided me with that information. My nic card works great now and I'm very thankful to be able to access the net.

    Thanks for the help,
    Matt

Similar Threads

  1. ISDN Card not found
    By kreis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 02:47 AM
  2. Problem - No Network Card found?
    By Alias in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 04:32 PM
  3. 3.4 HD: = no suitable xserver found for your card???
    By Jack_ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 12:24 AM
  4. ES1869 Sound Card -- /dev/dsp not found
    By pbewig in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 01:16 AM
  5. Orinoco card not found
    By mailman42 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U picture

Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U

$129.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.26



OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable picture

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable

$125.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$202.46