I am having problems with my netgear fa311 network card.
I couldn't get it working when running from the CD with a "normal" boot up. Spent two weeks trying.
I finally realised that it was the network card...
If I boot with the failsafe option and then use the "modprobe natsemi" command followed by "pump"...the network card jumps into life.
From this point I can save my setting to floppy drive. However if I then boot with "knoppix floppyconfig" I get my settings back but again the network card doesn't work. I thought the save settings would save the network config etc.
So I try again, this time booting with "knoppix floppyconfig knoppix nodhcp".
Then trying the modprobe natsemi command followed by pump but the card doesn't work.
I guess my question(s) are these:
Is there a "no" boot option that will stop the network card being setup? allowing me to have a normal boot just missing the network card and restoring my settings eg language (UK english)
Can I boot with failsafe and then restore setting from floppy by altering what is saved onto the knoppix.sh file on the floppy disk?
Please help,
Lee.

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server
$999.95
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$135.00
IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96
IBM System x3755 M3 2U Rackmount Server – No Drives or Trays
$150.00