-
Wine and Knoppix
Hy Guys,
i have windows installed on my notebook plus several apps.
i boot knoppix from cd.
how do i install wine under knoppix?
which wine version do i need?
where can i download it?
thanx
tommi
-
Wine comments
Hy:
Wine is installed in knoppix. I recommend you to use Knoppix 3.2 because wine is 20030508 and this is the one I like using because many windows aplications run well.
Configurating is easy. The only thing you have to do is click on your windows partition icon (in order to mount it) and then click the program you want to run. It will appear a small window asking you what program do you want to use, select wine and remember file type asiciation.
Then other window would appear with green letters, click buttom configure and I recomend you click allways next (ok select win98 apperance), then finish. You have configured wine, and your windows programs will work (some of them).
You can use Knoppix 3.3 or latter with wine newer versions, but I can run less programs than with 20030508, I'm trying to install this version in Knoppix 3.3 so if I have succes I'll tell you.
visit http://www.winehq.org/site/download for updates
-
ok, thank you so far.
but there comes the next prob.
i'm using knoppix 3.1.
in the dialog to chose the program, i can't find wine.
i have found a wine directory but as far as i can see, it is emty.
is wine only available at knoppix 3.2 or higher??
tom
-
wine in 3.1
Hy again.
I don't have knoppix 3.1 so I don't know if there is wine but you can see it in kpackage.
If it is there you can use winesetuptk to configure it (you can download it from winehq.com) it's so easy.
I wine is not present you can download a debian version and install it, for example (in Spain):
- ftp://ftp.rediris.es/debian/pool/main/w/wine/
Look there or in your nearest ftp
Similar Threads
-
By agreatnate in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 05:24 AM
-
By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 03:27 PM
-
By tommi in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 02:00 PM
-
By tommi in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 01:02 PM
-
By Kadet in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99

GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H AMD AM4 DDR4 PCIe Gen 3x4 M.2 MOTHERBOARD W/ i/o Shield
$51.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7
$69.59