i've got exactly the same problem on a Compaq Deskpro EN 6400/6.4.
It must be a Compaq BIOS problem?
I have already noticed this qeury on linuxquestions.org, but there was not an answer to this.
I try booting Knoppix from CD on my Compaq Armada 7400 laptop, but not successful, the CD is found, SYSLINUX is started, but then boot process halts (I can see the message SYSLINUX DEBIAN 2.04 (Debian, 2003-06-06) followed by a bunch of garbage symbols). When I boot Knoppix from diskette using the same CD, the system loads without any problem. Another hint is that I can boot the system from the same CD on another laptop Compaq Evo N600c.
Appreciate every advice.
i've got exactly the same problem on a Compaq Deskpro EN 6400/6.4.
It must be a Compaq BIOS problem?

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99