Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXinerama_pic

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6

    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXinerama_pic

    I use knoppix 3.3 and I have upgraded kde to 3.1.4
    and now I can't compile kde programs !
    The error is :
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXinerama_pic

    I did a lot of search...
    I have executed the command :
    perl -pi -e 's/-lXinerama_pic//g' `dpkg -L kdelibs4-dev | grep '\.la'`
    And that have deleted the depend lXinerama_pic in /usr/lib/libDCOP.la, which is a file in the kdelibs4-dev package.
    But this has not resolve the problem, I have always the error.
    Any idea ?
    Please answer me.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9
    I havre no idea how to fix the problem, but just wanted to add a 'me too' to this, I've tried just about everything, including that little perl script , and nothing works for me either. Can't compile KDE stuff at all thanks to that -lXinerama_pic
    thing. SO at least you know you're not alone, dude. If anyone's got any suggestions, ideas, comments, etc, I'd love to hear the answer too. As wonderful as apt-get usually is, sometimes you just have to compile things from source.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6
    Super !
    Someone have answer me on an other forum :
    http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1069936022

    I have executed the script and that have upgraded xfree to 4.3pre1v4
    Compilation works fine now, no problem
    I'm very happy

Similar Threads

  1. trying to find my ipod
    By killem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 10:37 AM
  2. Knoppix 3.7 didn't find any hd
    By Miksch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 04:58 PM
  3. where can I find sndconfig?
    By bela in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 05:22 PM
  4. Where do i find C++ compiler?
    By Rookie in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 11:30 PM
  5. Find out what those commands are for!
    By adamm in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 08:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HPE Edgeline e920 Server Blade picture

HPE Edgeline e920 Server Blade

$350.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40



Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i picture

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i

$699.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$159.99