-
Barricade 7004ABR Router: How to configure using CUPS
Hi,
I have an SMC Barricade 7004ABR router that has a built in print server. I have a Mandrake 9.0 and I am unable to correctly configure my HP2100 to print using CUPS.
I saw someone else who successfully configured a Siemens router. This was his suggestion which I changed to reflect my system.
My example is using an HP 2100 printer. The router IP address is 192.168.2.1. I gave the router a name (Gutenberg) by associating the host name in the etc/hosts file (example is: 192.168.2.1 gutenberg)
I started cups from the local browser with the command : http://localhost:631
Selected Manage Printers
Add Printers
At the login prompt: root and password
Add new printer
Name: laserjet
Location: desktop
Description: router printer
Device: LPD/LPR Host or Printer
Device URI: lpd://Gutenberg/laserjet
Again, I do all of this in CUPS and what I’m getting is this when I try to print a test page through CUPS (which I refreshed after doing all the above)
Description: router printer
Location: desktop
Printer State: Idle, accepting jobs
“remote host did not accept control file (2)”
Device URI: lpd://Gutenberg/laserjet
If I go into the SMC application that came with the router, I am seeing that
LPR: Client 192.168.2.16:515 send a job to printer
However I get no output. I am up against a wall on this one: Any suggestions????
Similar Threads
-
By HomerCube in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 11:38 AM
-
By RE Dude in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:24 PM
-
By Eradicator in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 01:09 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-14-2003, 02:55 AM
-
By Ray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99