Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Lan FTP help!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Lan FTP help!

    I am really new here. I have a Windows install that has screwed up from a HD problem. I am booting the latest Knoppix release in hope of starting an FTP server to transfer a bunch files over the lan. I have followed the directions from other posts, as well as in the Docs, but I have a problem in the first step. It says to change the Knoppix password. I went to a shell and typed "passwd knoppix". It then gives a line that asks for "(current) Unix password:". What do I type there? Everything I have put in so far has resulted in "passwd: Authentication failure."

    Thanks,
    Collin

    Happy Thanksgiving to those in celebration!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Try it as root.

    sudo passwd knoppix

    Then enter the new password for the user knoppix twice.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    That did it. Thank you very much! I got everything transferred quite easily besides that little hiccup.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS picture

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS

$49.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe picture

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe

$284.99



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99