Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Lan FTP help!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Lan FTP help!

    I am really new here. I have a Windows install that has screwed up from a HD problem. I am booting the latest Knoppix release in hope of starting an FTP server to transfer a bunch files over the lan. I have followed the directions from other posts, as well as in the Docs, but I have a problem in the first step. It says to change the Knoppix password. I went to a shell and typed "passwd knoppix". It then gives a line that asks for "(current) Unix password:". What do I type there? Everything I have put in so far has resulted in "passwd: Authentication failure."

    Thanks,
    Collin

    Happy Thanksgiving to those in celebration!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Try it as root.

    sudo passwd knoppix

    Then enter the new password for the user knoppix twice.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    That did it. Thank you very much! I got everything transferred quite easily besides that little hiccup.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16) picture

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)

$64.99



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS

$65.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture

[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.

$299.99



16GB 1Rx8 PC5-5600B-SAO-1010XT  RAM LOT OF 6 picture

16GB 1Rx8 PC5-5600B-SAO-1010XT RAM LOT OF 6

$1199.99



Kingston Fury Beast RGB 16GB(1x16GB) DDR5 5200MHz HP52U40S8MA-16FRAE picture

Kingston Fury Beast RGB 16GB(1x16GB) DDR5 5200MHz HP52U40S8MA-16FRAE

$170.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz CMW32GX4M2E3200C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz CMW32GX4M2E3200C16

$169.99



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99



SK HYNIX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Laptop RAM MEMORY picture

SK HYNIX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Laptop RAM MEMORY

$79.99