-
Lan FTP help!
I am really new here. I have a Windows install that has screwed up from a HD problem. I am booting the latest Knoppix release in hope of starting an FTP server to transfer a bunch files over the lan. I have followed the directions from other posts, as well as in the Docs, but I have a problem in the first step. It says to change the Knoppix password. I went to a shell and typed "passwd knoppix". It then gives a line that asks for "(current) Unix password:". What do I type there? Everything I have put in so far has resulted in "passwd: Authentication failure."
Thanks,
Collin
Happy Thanksgiving to those in celebration!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try it as root.
sudo passwd knoppix
Then enter the new password for the user knoppix twice.
-
That did it. Thank you very much! I got everything transferred quite easily besides that little hiccup.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA
$799.00

Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.
$49.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99