Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Lan FTP help!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Lan FTP help!

    I am really new here. I have a Windows install that has screwed up from a HD problem. I am booting the latest Knoppix release in hope of starting an FTP server to transfer a bunch files over the lan. I have followed the directions from other posts, as well as in the Docs, but I have a problem in the first step. It says to change the Knoppix password. I went to a shell and typed "passwd knoppix". It then gives a line that asks for "(current) Unix password:". What do I type there? Everything I have put in so far has resulted in "passwd: Authentication failure."

    Thanks,
    Collin

    Happy Thanksgiving to those in celebration!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Try it as root.

    sudo passwd knoppix

    Then enter the new password for the user knoppix twice.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2
    That did it. Thank you very much! I got everything transferred quite easily besides that little hiccup.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor picture

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor

$39.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS picture

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS

$99.99



AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad picture

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad

$355.99