-
VNCServer after Knoppix HDD install.
I have looked and tried everything I can find on the net but must be doing something stupid.
Simply put, I have installed Knoppix on my Hard Disk and am trying to get vncserver to run at startup in the same way it does when I run it from a console once logged in - (ie so I see a the same things on my desktop)
I tried using .kde/autostart and placed a link to vncserver in there - this worked ace until I realised that everytime I VNC'd to my Linux box it started another VNC server instance... not good - I ended up with about 20 instances in a day...
I tried changing /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc by adding the line
exec /usr/bin/vncserver :1
That didn't work.
I tried changing /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers and added the line
:1 local /usr/bin/Xvnc -geometry 1000x730 :1
That didn't work - It can't be that hard <aahhhh>....
Help ?
Thanks
Phil
Similar Threads
-
By charleswong in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-29-2007, 05:22 PM
-
By pupton in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 10:21 PM
-
By patrick79 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By hugo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:14 AM
-
By tegan in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-12-2003, 02:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (5.8 GHz, 24 Cores, LGA 1700)
$320.00

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

WINDOWS 11 PRO 64-BIT USB
$32.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95