It took me a while to figure out eactly how to do this (probably as the option only arrived recently) so in case anyone else needs to do the same...
If you are creating a remaster and want to test it, you can use the fromhd cheatcode to load it up. I'm not sure (could anyone clarify it) exactly how much of my system it is using, for example I would be sure it is using the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX (and that is all I have changed) but I would not be sure where it gets it's kernel from? I suspect that it comes from the cd.
Of course, any method you can use to boot knoppix can boot your remaster like this with the caveat of the kernel etc. But if you (like me) are doing a remaster from a cd, only booting that cd and using one partition to hold the remaster, you can just use knoppix fromhd=/dev/hdaN where N is the partition number containing the KNOPPIX directory without touching any bootloaders.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 5.2GHz 3D V-Cache CPU NEW SEALED
$400.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00