Has anyone got the verizon wireless internet service to work under debian/knoppix? Its a great deal on $79.99 for unlimited data. I was wondering if we have support for it on Linux. The customer service guys told me they support only windoz.![]()
Has anyone got the verizon wireless internet service to work under debian/knoppix? Its a great deal on $79.99 for unlimited data. I was wondering if we have support for it on Linux. The customer service guys told me they support only windoz.![]()
Sure they only support windows. That doesn't mean it won't work in linux if you have a wireless PPPoE router and wireles network cards that knoppix has drivers for.
I believe he is referring to the wireless service Verizon provides through the cell phone. The phone acts as the modem, connected to the PC through a USB cable. It offers (supposedly) 75Kb+, but is not available in all areas.
I almost considered this, because I live in an area that the cable company has been promising to service for the past 10+ years. As far as dial-up, there is only one choice that is local... Fortunately, Verizon came alone with DSL. Now, I'm happy!
Steve

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server
$525.00
Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License
$238.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w
$238.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19