Sure they only support windows. That doesn't mean it won't work in linux if you have a wireless PPPoE router and wireles network cards that knoppix has drivers for.
Has anyone got the verizon wireless internet service to work under debian/knoppix? Its a great deal on $79.99 for unlimited data. I was wondering if we have support for it on Linux. The customer service guys told me they support only windoz.![]()
Sure they only support windows. That doesn't mean it won't work in linux if you have a wireless PPPoE router and wireles network cards that knoppix has drivers for.
I believe he is referring to the wireless service Verizon provides through the cell phone. The phone acts as the modem, connected to the PC through a USB cable. It offers (supposedly) 75Kb+, but is not available in all areas.
I almost considered this, because I live in an area that the cable company has been promising to service for the past 10+ years. As far as dial-up, there is only one choice that is local... Fortunately, Verizon came alone with DSL. Now, I'm happy!
Steve

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
WD Red 2TB SATA NAS 3.5" HDD WD20EFRX - SMART TESTED, WIPED
$68.00
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$39.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99