Sure they only support windows. That doesn't mean it won't work in linux if you have a wireless PPPoE router and wireles network cards that knoppix has drivers for.
Has anyone got the verizon wireless internet service to work under debian/knoppix? Its a great deal on $79.99 for unlimited data. I was wondering if we have support for it on Linux. The customer service guys told me they support only windoz.![]()
Sure they only support windows. That doesn't mean it won't work in linux if you have a wireless PPPoE router and wireles network cards that knoppix has drivers for.
I believe he is referring to the wireless service Verizon provides through the cell phone. The phone acts as the modem, connected to the PC through a USB cable. It offers (supposedly) 75Kb+, but is not available in all areas.
I almost considered this, because I live in an area that the cable company has been promising to service for the past 10+ years. As far as dial-up, there is only one choice that is local... Fortunately, Verizon came alone with DSL. Now, I'm happy!
Steve

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SDRAM 3000 PC4-24000 288-Pin DIMM
$37.50
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] 8GB DDR3 LAPTOP RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX, etc.
$89.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1299.00
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz DIMM RAM CMK16GX4M2A2400C16
$48.00
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99