-
Lan FTP help!
I am really new here. I have a Windows install that has screwed up from a HD problem. I am booting the latest Knoppix release in hope of starting an FTP server to transfer a bunch files over the lan. I have followed the directions from other posts, as well as in the Docs, but I have a problem in the first step. It says to change the Knoppix password. I went to a shell and typed "passwd knoppix". It then gives a line that asks for "(current) Unix password:". What do I type there? Everything I have put in so far has resulted in "passwd: Authentication failure."
Thanks,
Collin
Happy Thanksgiving to those in celebration!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99