-
Booting or installing from a PCMCIA CD-ROM or USB CD-ROM?
Here's the deal ... I have a Toshiba 2595CDT laptop with a broken internal CD-ROM drive. I have a USB CD-RW and a PCMCIA CD drive. I've managed to install Woody from a mix of floppies and the PCMCIA CD drive, but I'd like to install Knoppix. Is there some kind of boot floppy I can make to boot Knoppix from one of the two off-board CD readers, or, better yet, to install Knoppix directly onto the hard drive. If it helps, I have other computers, a 6 GB PCMCIA hard drive and a 20 GB USB hard drive as well.
Similar Threads
-
By jsl81 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By bigrobot in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 10:21 PM
-
By averylowiq in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:14 PM
-
By TheIowan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 07:06 AM
-
By amirante in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Lot 14 Vintage ISA VGA Video Cards Trident CHIPS UMC 8-Bit 16-Bit 286 386 486
$199.95

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89