Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: KNOPPIX installation from a remote machine

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3

    KNOPPIX installation from a remote machine

    I whish like to know is there is some way to install KNOPPIX from a remote machine. The two machines are inside a LAN and nevertheless i have the KNOPPIX CD the machine i want to install can't read the CD. Is'nt possible get a new CD drive.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    Swap CD-Roms or swap HDs

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    Can't you just copy \KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX from the CD to c:\ and make a boot floppy ?

    As far as I understand, you need to boot into KNOPPIX to install it and the above method would boot KNOPPIX.

    An alternative way would be to start KNOPPIX on one machine(the one you can boot with the CD-ROM) and start the terminal server then remote boot on the other machine, either using floppy or may be bootp/PXE(?)

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3
    Now I think my question was a little stupid. I copied the CD in a windows partition and created a boot floppy using the rawrite program aviable in the CD and when I reboot the machine I could finally install KNOPPIX.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3
    Now I think my question was a little stupid. I copied the CD in a windows partition and created a boot floppy using the rawrite program aviable in the CD and when I reboot the machine I could finally install KNOPPIX.

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7 on hde,not running as hda on another machine
    By honigbaer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 06:48 PM
  2. knoppix 3.7 remote desktop - VNCSERVER ptoblem
    By pupton in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 10:21 PM
  3. XP Remote Desktop client for Knoppix?
    By tankd0g in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 05:45 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 01:44 AM
  5. Knoppix-Anywhere : Remote Hosting for config/files
    By bigattichouse in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC 16TB ThunderBay 4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 External Hard Drive RAID - 100% Health picture

OWC 16TB ThunderBay 4 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 External Hard Drive RAID - 100% Health

$1212.00



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49