Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ext3 mounted as ext2(solved)

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262

    ext3 mounted as ext2(solved)

    I get this message whenever I boot my ver 3.3 installation:EXT2-fs warning (device ide0(3,6)): ext2_read_super: mounting ext3 filesystem
    as ext2
    VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.

    I am not sure if this was the case for previous versions but I just noticed this now.

    What is wrong here?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    I got it!
    I have just used grub instead of lilo and I forgot to include initrd on the knoppix line of menu.lst.
    Sorry for this post!

Similar Threads

  1. NTFS -> ext2
    By jtvision in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
  2. ext3 as ext2 HELP!!!
    By Forcemaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
  3. ext3-FS mounted as ext2
    By hamatoma in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 05:11 PM
  4. ext2 doesn't mount
    By Rivendell in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
  5. ERROR!: System incorrectly mounts EXT3 filesystem as EXT2
    By gwylion in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 03:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98