-
Samba script not working after HD install of v3.3
Hello all
I just finished a HD install of Knoppix v3.3 2003-11-19 and everything was going great until I tried to use the "Start Samba Server" script under the Knoppix menu. After selecting the script I get a message box for my root PW and I entered that but the message boxes that should follow, what drive(s) do I want to share etc., never appear and running NMAP on 127.0.0.1 shows that Samba is not running.
Does anyone know why this doesn't work? and if there are any fixes or workarounds?
Thanks all...
--r00t
Similar Threads
-
By geordiebiker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2004, 05:35 AM
-
By MrC in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 10:59 PM
-
By non carborundum in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2003, 02:59 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:25 AM
-
By linuser in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-28-2003, 01:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

Vintage Suncom Computer Monitor Station Stand Rare, GOOD SHAPE
$99.99

Vintage IBM Media Access Pro Wired Keyboard w/ Detachable Wrist Rest NOS
$40.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99