Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: vga screen?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    vga screen?

    I've been trying to execute Knoppix 3.3 from CD. I wrote knoppix screen=1024x768 but when it starts, I saw a black square and in the middle my screen of knoppix.

    any idea?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: vga screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiber
    I've been trying to execute Knoppix 3.3 from CD. I wrote knoppix screen=1024x768 but when it starts, I saw a black square and in the middle my screen of knoppix.

    any idea?
    Try adding vga=normal to the cheat codes you are using when you boot and maybe the noddc code as well. BTW some information on the hardware in the machine would make it easier to help you.

  3. #3

    I'm having the same problem

    Hi,

    I'm having the same problem. My KDE desktop is being displayed inside a small box in the middle of my screen with a black border almost an inch wide round the outside.

    I tried the vga=normal and noddc cheat codes but it didn't make any difference. I'm using knoppix 3.3 and booting from the cd with cheat codes
    knoppix myconfig=scan home=scan vga=normal screen=1024x768 noddc

    I tried changing the resolution with ctrl+shift+nu0 + but the resolution only changed inside the small displayed square on my screen not the entire screen.

    I'm using a Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501 laptop. The specs are here
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Toshiba_Sate...9.html?tag=dir

    Any help would be much appriciated.

    Thanks,

    Peter Gordon
    [email protected]

Similar Threads

  1. turning off screen saver / blanking at login screen
    By metavoid in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
  2. Screen Res?
    By Junfriot in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 02:09 PM
  3. KDE Login Screen
    By evermore in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 08:44 PM
  4. Black Screen after boot screen
    By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
  5. Screen off-set
    By Dickey Peterson in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2002, 06:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware picture

Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware

$649.00



Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)

$149.99



VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5) picture

VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5)

$69.99



Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT picture

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT

$7250.00



DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO) picture

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)

$100.00



6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips  picture

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips

$95.00



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C picture

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C

$140.00



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used picture

Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used

$160.00