-
sound and printer
I am trying to learn linux commands. I have start up and shut down sound but no sound when I insert a cd. Configuring sound yeilds sound card not suported(ac97). Can't configure my win network printer. actually got the cartridge to move once. (I know I'm on the right track.) Print manager will empty contents to network but not any more. (I don't know what I f'ed up.)
knop 3.3 hd installed
where are theese people getting these config commands to run from root?
I am proficent in dos but the linux for dos users list I found is lame.
-
by the way I completely redid the install to hd using samba and cups. Used cups only the first time. assigned proper ip settings and am using a windows based gateway. Printserver also requires a password to print form a windows computer. (that works fine all the time). I would be willing to eliminate the windows printing password but not sure how to configure a user from a linux computer. (I don't even know if thats the way I should go)
Thanks
anyone!?
Similar Threads
-
By Zuggy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 08:34 PM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 40
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
-
By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60