Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: LCD Monitors and Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Pisa - Italy
    Posts
    7

    LCD Monitors and Knoppix

    Hi,
    I have a Fujitsu Siemens LCD 15" model 38B1 and while Xserver is starting the monitor tell "frequency not supported"

    My video card is Matrox G400 and it is well recognized during the loading of kernel..
    I tried many cheat codes like setting resolution screen and xvrefresh but nothing seems to resolve this problem!

    I can't understand why with notebook lcd screens Knoppix is good and with many LCD screen not at all.

    I read another post about Sony Flatscreen with similar problems.

    Can anyone help me?
    thanks
    Rob

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14
    That's odd. On this machine, it works fine on my similar TFT of the same size. They normally work ononly 60Hz by the way (which is not a disadvantage for LCD tech). In fact, it's the only machine/monitor in the house that Knoppix does work on. If it was down to the other two monitors, I'd have thrown Knoppix in the bin long ago - I'd never have got to see it at all, it only succeeds in shutting down the other monitors.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    9
    Exactly the same problem here with a flat screen "IIYAMA AS314UT"!

    Whatever I try, it says 'input not supported', even starting with the option vga=normal whiwh should be the standardized output...

    However, no problem to have it running on my laptop.

    Any idea.?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    booting in fail safe worked for me (dell ultrasharp flat-panel).

    The only problem with that is now my mouse won't work (dell logitech usb optical wheelmouse)....


    any help would be nice... I dont want to boot in failsafe all the time...

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    I got it working... I used "knoppix xmodule=vesa" and it worked.... It appears my monitor only supports vesa....

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Pisa - Italy
    Posts
    7
    I tried xmodule =vesa and other settings like xvrefresh = 60 and both but nothing! My Fujitsu Siemens 38 B1 isn't good for Knoppix

    Please Can you suggest anything else?


    Thanks
    Rob

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    I would get the manual out, or look up online what display modes it supports, and type "knoppix xmodule=XXXX" Where XXXX is the name of the module.

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    44
    Try "fb 1024x768" (without "knoppix", just fb 1024x768 at boot line) this works with my two LCD monitors

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    could it be possible than a combination of the two is in order? i.e. a vesa mode only and need the fb option too?

  10. #10
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    25
    This problem has to de with the differences between CRT-/LCD-monitors.

    I think Knoppix tries to check the refreshrate of the monitor, but this works different on an LCD / TFT monitor.
    There lies the problem I think...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Two Monitors with Knoppix 3.4 ?
    By dragonforce99 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:45 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.4 and Dual Display (running two monitors)
    By nicorelli in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
  3. multiple monitors
    By gyro in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Multiple Monitors in KDE
    By Simon_Haddad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 06:23 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 08:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

$310.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue picture

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue

$299.00