-
LCD Monitors and Knoppix
Hi,
I have a Fujitsu Siemens LCD 15" model 38B1 and while Xserver is starting the monitor tell "frequency not supported"
My video card is Matrox G400 and it is well recognized during the loading of kernel..
I tried many cheat codes like setting resolution screen and xvrefresh but nothing seems to resolve this problem!
I can't understand why with notebook lcd screens Knoppix is good and with many LCD screen not at all.
I read another post about Sony Flatscreen with similar problems.
Can anyone help me?
thanks
Rob
-
Junior Member
registered user
That's odd. On this machine, it works fine on my similar TFT of the same size. They normally work ononly 60Hz by the way (which is not a disadvantage for LCD tech). In fact, it's the only machine/monitor in the house that Knoppix does work on. If it was down to the other two monitors, I'd have thrown Knoppix in the bin long ago - I'd never have got to see it at all, it only succeeds in shutting down the other monitors.
-
Exactly the same problem here with a flat screen "IIYAMA AS314UT"!
Whatever I try, it says 'input not supported', even starting with the option vga=normal whiwh should be the standardized output...
However, no problem to have it running on my laptop.
Any idea.?
-
Senior Member
registered user
booting in fail safe worked for me (dell ultrasharp flat-panel).
The only problem with that is now my mouse won't work (dell logitech usb optical wheelmouse)....
any help would be nice... I dont want to boot in failsafe all the time...
-
Senior Member
registered user
I got it working... I used "knoppix xmodule=vesa" and it worked.... It appears my monitor only supports vesa....
-
I tried xmodule =vesa and other settings like xvrefresh = 60 and both but nothing! My Fujitsu Siemens 38 B1 isn't good for Knoppix
Please Can you suggest anything else?
Thanks
Rob
-
Senior Member
registered user
I would get the manual out, or look up online what display modes it supports, and type "knoppix xmodule=XXXX" Where XXXX is the name of the module.
-
Try "fb 1024x768" (without "knoppix", just fb 1024x768 at boot line) this works with my two LCD monitors
-
Senior Member
registered user
could it be possible than a combination of the two is in order? i.e. a vesa mode only and need the fb option too?
-

Originally Posted by
Carlos_E_Morimoto
Try "fb 1024x768" (without "knoppix", just fb 1024x768 at boot line) this works with my two LCD monitors
In Italian market my 38B1 is Known or equivlent to 38B2 in other countries and a datasheet is viewable here:
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/pe...8b2basic.html#
However :
Frequencies
Horizontal 30 - 60 kHz
Vertical 55 - 75 Hz
and 102x768 is supported with the refresh of 60 hz (48.36, 48.78 KHZ), 70 HZ (56.48 KHZ) ,72 HZ (57.52 KHZ), 75 HZ (60.02 KHZ and 60.24 KHZ)
Thanks for very tips to all
Rob
Similar Threads
-
By dragonforce99 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:45 PM
-
By nicorelli in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By gyro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 10:31 PM
-
By Simon_Haddad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 06:23 AM
-
By ledatica in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7GHz Socket AM5 Desktop CPU 96MB L3
$360.00

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00