hi all!
I have a similair problem with mine. i have a old Hewlitt Packard Pavilion monitor. and i also get the you have passed a undefined number to press return for video modes or press space bar to continue. everything seems to load ok and everythings detected. even my monitor but it detects it as a generic monitor. but anyway. it loads but when it gets to where your GUI is sposed to load, all i get is a flicker and then nothing but a black screen. I tried different video modes, tried the xmodule options. even tried telling it to run kde thinking it might be a compatability issue with one of the gui programs. but no such luck. my graphics card is a intel(r) 82810 graphics controller. when i had mandrake linux on my system i had no troubles running. don't have it now. i just have windows xp. I have 128 mb ram. hope this info helps. was hoping some one could help me. thankssss[/b]