-
-
No Idea yet???
I think there has to be changed something in the miniroot.gz inside the floppy bootimage...
But I have no idea how a miniroot.gz works... I saw an article here describing that in the miniroot there are options to boot from a joliet system etc.. (in xxxx.rc?!) It might be possible to tell the system to allow iso-level4 entries and to forget about the joliet thing...
So anyone an idea???
-
I have things working.
remove the Joliet support.
make sure the directory KNOPPIX is uppercase!
and the names of the files also!
I can remaster the cd in Windows, but cannot remaster the compressedISO file called KNOPPIX.
I just extracted it from knoppix iso, and added it to Isolinux
-
First of all THANKS
I thought, no one having an answer to my question, or it was too stupid for the rest...
I will test your suggestions as soon as my machine is up again...
Best regards Andi
-

Originally Posted by
Bernd Blaauw
I have things working.
remove the Joliet support.
make sure the directory KNOPPIX is uppercase!
and the names of the files also!
I can remaster the cd in Windows, but cannot remaster the compressedISO file called KNOPPIX.
I just extracted it from knoppix iso, and added it to Isolinux
Yes, i know it is no problem.. I did it too once... BUT:
When compiling the CD with mkisofs -iso-level 4 (etc.) Knoppix won't find the CD-ROOT... My directory structure is like this:
ROOT
|-- KNOPPIX
|-- KNOPPIX / KNOPPIX
|-- isolinux
|-- isolinux / bootmsg.txt
|-- isolinux / isolinux.bin
|-- isolinux / isolinux.cfg
|-- isolinux / knoppix
|-- isolinux / knoppix / knoppix.img
where the Knoppix Root dir must be installed in the root, where it resists..
and isolinux.cfg starts knoppix.img in the subdir as wanted, except for knoppix to stop by telling it hasn't found the knoppix cd and there will be only a very limited shell available...
SO, any ideas ? ? ?
Greetz from Germany
-
also extract the vmlinuz and initrd.gz files and put them in the KNOPPIX directory (entire directory and files in uppercase).
isolinux.cfg entry:
LABEL knoppix
kernel /KNOPPIX/VMLINUZ
append ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=/KNOPPIX/MINIROOT.GZ nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=KNOPPIX
you can also try to download my image:
http://www.darklogic.org/fdos/beta9/minicd/knopcd.zip
and add the large KNOPPIX file yourself. then recompile the ISO.
On Windows2000 I do this using the makeiso.bat batchfile.
-
Similar Threads
-
By Dutch_DK in forum Networking
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-17-2005, 12:02 PM
-
By MacUser in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-16-2004, 05:53 AM
-
By andymadigan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 12:19 AM
-
By Mowd™ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-07-2003, 03:18 PM
-
By Greekboy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-20-2002, 09:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$259.02

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99