I have read that RPM is a format that red hat users take advantage of, but can I install RPMs on my hard drive installed knoppix?
How would I go about installing an RPM?
I have read that RPM is a format that red hat users take advantage of, but can I install RPMs on my hard drive installed knoppix?
How would I go about installing an RPM?
use K-menu } System | Kpackage
make sure you have /etc/lib/rpm folder
You can use the command 'alien' - either to convert the rpm to a .deb package or to install directly:-
alien -i package.rpm
(the '-i' is short for '--install')
So far, this has worked very well for me. I normally do this from the Knoppix 'root shell'
Good luck.....

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
Vintage Schlesinger 17" Leather Briefcase Classic Flap Whiskey Brown Attache EUC
$99.99
Timberland Vintage Heavy Duty Brown Leather Messenger Satchel Crossbody Bag
$127.77
Vintage Compaq PS/2 Rack Keyboard 128958-001 Assembly 128710-001 SpaceSaver
$75.99
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99