-
Need to modify post-install initrd (Fabian, can you help?)
After getting the appropriate modules (from Mandrake 9.2) for my Promise SATA150TX4, KNOPPIX now recognizes my Raptor hard drive. At the CD's boot prompt, I use:
knoppix modules-disk
After loading the three required module files from floppy, the Raptor is detected and I can access its partitions.
I've run the included installer scripts and everything seemed to complete without any problems. Unfortunately, I cannot boot the HD installation because the modules files needed to recognize the hard drive weren't added to the initrd.
How can I modify the post-install initrd to add the necessary module files? Per this thread, can someone like Fabian help?
**KEEP IN MIND, if I have to recreate the entire initrd, what modules are already included so I don't forget to keep them in the initrd?
Thanks in advance.
-SUO
Older related posts:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5487
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5551
Similar Threads
-
By c123 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:31 AM
-
By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 11:26 PM
-
By bamarob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 12:16 PM
-
By raid517 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 36
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 06:24 PM
-
By andecla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 07:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99