-
Could Not Write to...
Hi Everybody
I use Knoppix on a daily basis and seemed to have encountered an issue that has me scratching my head. While I was recovering data from a failed hard drive, I was able to write to a USB flash drive. I'm not sure what happened because I was juggling several issues at the time, but then I couldn't write to the USB with the "could not write to..." message.
I tried 4 other USB drives and nothing. I tried another laptop and same thing. Tried Knoppix 5.0 and 3.8, but same thing.
As far as I can remember, I unmounted the USB drive before pulling out.
I was able to transfer the data over the network, but I cannot write to any of these 5 USB drives thru Knoppix. Windows is no problem with the same drives.
Thanks
Jim
Similar Threads
-
By drone in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2008, 08:35 PM
-
By mcrae in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-20-2006, 12:54 PM
-
By tac in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:44 AM
-
By boo ya in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
-
By Juggalo_X in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99