-
Senior Member
registered user
Down and Dirty "Remaster" technique??
Variations of Poor Mans Pivot Root Methods:
I've been thinking about this method
knoppix root=/dev/hda5 noinitrd ro
using Loadlin.exe. to either boot to a CD or my own HD.
This is how I boot to my HD now and to the original CD if I want.
If I can boot to my own HD installation, why couldn't I also boot to a DVD with my uncompressed partition copied to it?
The same DVD could also have the c:\Knoppix directory copied to the DVD, to be put on the target computer to boot the DVD. The batch file Loadlin runs would be modified if necessary to make everything work on the target computer.
Since I really don't want to remaster CDs to distribute them, and just want to run my own installation on another computer that I have in mind, (which happens to have a DVD player in it) why wouldn't this work?
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By Barton71 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-05-2005, 06:03 PM
-
By ahnaqsh in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 05:32 AM
-
By banevere in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:31 AM
-
By Login_Here in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 05:24 AM
-
By mundhra_ritesh in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00