Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: brctl broken? kernel panic

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    86

    brctl broken? kernel panic

    Hi everyone,

    I was trying to set up a bridge in my PC that has eth0 wireless and eth1 100Mb network connection. Once knoppix was booted up, I typed the following commands in a root shell:
    brctl addbr br1
    brctl addif br1 eth0
    brctl addif br1 eth1
    ifconfig br1 up

    About 30 seconds later when the bridge would normally come up I get a kernel panic and the system is locked (hard reboot needed). Can anyone verify this or could it be a bad CD? Please post.

    thanks,
    Jim

  2. #2
    when attempting to

    brctl addbr br0

    under the latest Knoppix liveCD, I get the following error:

    br_add_bridge: Operation not permitted

    I'm wanting to just bridge my wireless and wired eth's (both correctly autodetected) with no kind of filtering at all - essentially turning my high-end laptop into a blind bridge.

    At any rate, if you're experiencing the same problem as I (br_add_bridge not working), I'd like to know if you found a fix. Thanks heaps.

    -dBarr.

Similar Threads

  1. Errors and kernel panic during boot (2.6 Kernel)
    By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
  2. KERNEL panic.....
    By madserb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 10:58 AM
  3. kernel panic with custom kernel
    By cYmen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 10:17 AM
  4. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
  5. Kernel panic
    By mordor in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 05:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00