-
brctl broken? kernel panic
Hi everyone,
I was trying to set up a bridge in my PC that has eth0 wireless and eth1 100Mb network connection. Once knoppix was booted up, I typed the following commands in a root shell:
brctl addbr br1
brctl addif br1 eth0
brctl addif br1 eth1
ifconfig br1 up
About 30 seconds later when the bridge would normally come up I get a kernel panic and the system is locked (hard reboot needed). Can anyone verify this or could it be a bad CD? Please post.
thanks,
Jim
-
when attempting to
brctl addbr br0
under the latest Knoppix liveCD, I get the following error:
br_add_bridge: Operation not permitted
I'm wanting to just bridge my wireless and wired eth's (both correctly autodetected) with no kind of filtering at all - essentially turning my high-end laptop into a blind bridge.
At any rate, if you're experiencing the same problem as I (br_add_bridge not working), I'd like to know if you found a fix. Thanks heaps.
-dBarr.
Similar Threads
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By madserb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 10:58 AM
-
By cYmen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 10:17 AM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
-
By mordor in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-26-2003, 05:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$8599.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

WARIS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin UDIMM Desktop RAM H4737130
$119.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

HpyerX Predator DDR4 128gb 16x8 DDR4 3000 MHZ CL15 HX430C15PB3K8/128 Tested
$700.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

LOT OF 5 RAM STICKS-SAMSUNG/SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133 (16GBX5=75GB TOTAL)
$345.00

LOT OF 50 RAM STICKS-Mixed Brand 8GB 1Rx8 DDR4-2400 (8GBX50=400GB TOTAL)
$1450.00