you don't have /mnt/floppy, make the folder with mkdir /mnt/floppy on kosole as root
Whenever I click on the floppy icon i get this errorI am running Knoppix 3.3 on a Dell Latitude CPI D266XT. At the time of this error I have a floppy in the floppy drive, Knoppix installed on my harddrive. Please help me out on what I should do.Unable to run the command specified. The file or directory file:/mnt/floppy does not exist.
you don't have /mnt/floppy, make the folder with mkdir /mnt/floppy on kosole as root
I inserted the directory but now I need to be able to save things or copy over files to the floppy drive. What should I do now?
to make floppy icon on the desktop, right click on the desktop and select Create New, Floppy Device..", click on the Device use the pull down menu to select /dev/fd0 (/floppy)
Now yout can fully control the floppy with desktop icon.
Please don't forget to unmount floopy before you take off your floppy from the drive
Thanks a bunch. My floppy drive now works perfectly.![]()

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00