Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I was really impressed.

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203

    I was really impressed.

    I stuck the cdrom in the drive, created a boot diskette, and then booted the machine under knoppix. Almost everything worked perfectly with no input from me. It even figured out how to connect to the internet through my lan to a server on a winbox. The only problem I'm having is getting printing to work. My printer is hung off of the same winbox that connects to the internet.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120
    I think you can print to it via samba.

Similar Threads

  1. I'm thoroughly impressed with knoppix
    By turbine in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 01:38 AM
  2. Flonix, i'm impressed
    By doudou in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 06:53 PM
  3. Running Knoppix from CD, very impressed!
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 04:05 AM
  4. I am impressed!!!
    By iconfly in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
  5. Impressed!! I'll Say!!
    By martinjh99 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2002, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage picture

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage

$79.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00