Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I was really impressed.

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203

    I was really impressed.

    I stuck the cdrom in the drive, created a boot diskette, and then booted the machine under knoppix. Almost everything worked perfectly with no input from me. It even figured out how to connect to the internet through my lan to a server on a winbox. The only problem I'm having is getting printing to work. My printer is hung off of the same winbox that connects to the internet.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120
    I think you can print to it via samba.

Similar Threads

  1. I'm thoroughly impressed with knoppix
    By turbine in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 01:38 AM
  2. Flonix, i'm impressed
    By doudou in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 06:53 PM
  3. Running Knoppix from CD, very impressed!
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 04:05 AM
  4. I am impressed!!!
    By iconfly in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
  5. Impressed!! I'll Say!!
    By martinjh99 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2002, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB picture

Vintage IDE Removable Hard Drive Mobile Rack 5.25 Bay 50-Pin Tray + Maxtor 40GB

$49.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage Toshiba T3400CT Mini Laptop 486SX-33, 4MB **NO POST, Bad Screen, AS-IS picture

Vintage Toshiba T3400CT Mini Laptop 486SX-33, 4MB **NO POST, Bad Screen, AS-IS

$75.00



Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS picture

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS

$59.99



Vintage Dysan 100 MD2HD 5.25” Floppy Disks 10 Pack Sealed Double Sided HD | IBM picture

Vintage Dysan 100 MD2HD 5.25” Floppy Disks 10 Pack Sealed Double Sided HD | IBM

$38.00



Vintage Toshiba Satellite Pro 490CDT Laptop PII 233MHz 96MB 4GB Win98 Bad Backli picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite Pro 490CDT Laptop PII 233MHz 96MB 4GB Win98 Bad Backli

$100.00



Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37