Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Weird keyboard problem

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Weird keyboard problem

    I'm having a problem with the danish keyboard layout. I've tried the following commands:

    keyboard=da
    xkeyboard=da
    lang=da

    ...but nothing works. Please help!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    I've got a 6-months old knoppix installed to HD, and da (or dk) is supported
    in the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig script.
    So it should work, but do not forget that you need to type a kernel name
    before any "cheatcode". Try again, with "knoppix lang=dk" this time.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    "knoppix" command

    I forgot to mention the "knoppix" command. Whenever I run it, it says:

    bash: knoppix: command not found

    It's really weird. I don't know if it because I've installed Knoppix to harddisk. Please help ;/

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    You mean you're typing this at a console bash prompt? That won't work!
    Instead try "loadkeys dk" for the console sessiosn (I think you need to be
    root for that). For your KDE session, use the KDE keyboard-selection tool,
    or edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file, and replace the line
    Option "XkbLayout" "us"
    with
    Option "XkbLayout" "dk"

    As for locale, knoppix is setting the following for DK:
    • # Dansk version
      COUNTRY="dk"
      LANG="da_DK"
      # Workaround: "dk" broken in gettext, use da:da_DK
      LANGUAGE="da:da_DK"
      CHARSET="iso8859-15"

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Thank you, oh great Guru!

    It works! I'm happy again

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    Where am I?

    Maybe I'm blind, but where's the subject/titles in this forum? The subject/title is displayed in the preview page, but not in the normal display.

    BTW, it was solely the "XkbLayout" parameter that had to changed.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    I can see a title at the top of this very page. The locale stuff is if you want
    the apps themselves to display localised messages.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    163

    baldyeti

    I'm not referring to the HTML title. I wonder where the individual post subjects are.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:38 PM
  2. Weird problem
    By socrates in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 12:17 PM
  3. Weird Keyboard Problem..
    By Me|2c in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:29 AM
  4. Weird Sound Problem PLEASE HELP IT'S SO ANNOYING!
    By tonynaia in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 05:47 PM
  5. Weird problem (n00b)
    By AlterEgo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 08:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99