Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Win4Lin

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    46

    Win4Lin

    Has anyboby got Win4Lin 3.0 working on a knoppix system?
    Got a standard vanilla kernel 2.4.22 compiled with win4lin-patch + mki-adapter-patch, but still no succws installing win4lin.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    130
    I got win4lin 4.0 working. All I did was use the standard 2.4.22 kernel with the two win4lin patches and the knoppix patch applied. I copied the original kernel configuration and compiled it with "make oldconfig". The win4lin installer is rpm-based, but worked fine. I tried to use my old user windows directory from a Mandrake install, but I had a few problems. I did a new install of user windows and everything works.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    46
    got it working , (win4lin 3.0 with knoppix 3.2) compiled standard 2.4.22 kernel
    with win4linpatches and whitout knoppix-patch or .config from knoppix.
    Couldn't get it working whit knoppix-source.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    hi, where did you guys download win4lin. Thanks.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    46
    at the site of "netraverse.com" , but you gotta buy a license first, I bought one when I used mandrake which is directly supported by netraverse

Similar Threads

  1. have win4lin...where-did-it-go?
    By helios17 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 09:31 PM
  2. Win4Lin
    By tbobz in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98