I may be a little over-zealous here, possibly bordering on crazy, but after playing with Knoppix, using it for some disaster recovery, I got the idea of creating backend servers with it. Currently we are using RH7.3 for samba with replicated LDAP for authentication. I was thinking about condensing all that down to a CD, and have all the writable (ldap) areas be on the USB stick (samba shares would be there own HDD )
This would mean server swaps would be CD/USB swap and power-up.
Is this feasible? I do not need any X environment, CLI if fine, considering I domost things via SSH..
If there is a project ongoing like this, please let me know.
The downfall would be upgrades, wouldmean a rollout of a new CD image, etc...but is there anything else that I may be missing?
I have been browsing the remastering section as well as DSL .. just trying to get a feel for it.
Thanks

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Lot of 18 Mixed Brands PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM
$2879.99
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot of 50 Micron PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM - Used
$8499.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00