-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Make copy of knoppix cd?

Originally Posted by
turbine
I got the knoppix cd and it works great. I'd like to make a backup copy but don't know how. One would think that this could be done with k3b but I can't seem to make it work. K3b fails at the start of the copy process. Anyone know how I can do this?
Hmmm- I think you are using an elephant gun to kill a mouse. Presuming that you can boot Linux from hdd then just use dd or cat like so:
dd if=/dev/scd0 of=/home/user/Knoppix.iso
or
cat /dev/scd0 > /home/user/Knoppix.iso
Phooey on the GUI. 
If you're trying to copy the cd while booted to it then I think that won't work.
Similar Threads
-
By Dr Snark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 08:44 PM
-
By Popovn in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 01:18 PM
-
By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 11:57 AM
-
By dugstratton in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:59 PM
-
By gadave in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00