Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Post your Knoppix screenshots!

  1. #1

    Post your Knoppix screenshots!

    Screenshots = fun to look at

    My current desktop at work with Knoppix:
    http://eric.halo43.com/images/screen...4-knoppix1.png
    http://eric.halo43.com/images/screen...4-knoppix2.png

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lyon France
    Posts
    5

  6. #6
    Good stuff, most looks like hard drive installations, unless you have a big usb memory stick
    I'm CD bound at work. Can't do a HDD install there, but I can run the CD. So I use the CD and floppyconf.

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    I'd do a hd install at work but I cant seem to partition the drive, keeps on telling me that the drive is fragmented. I used the windows defrag. but same problem. I'll try a 3rd party tool and see if that works.

    Cd knoppix is slow on some computers. need lots of ram and proces. power

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hi Kethinov and all,

    I have a project called burn_home which allows you
    to boot from a floppy, run the KNOPPIX CD, and then
    automatically read in you presistent home from
    a second CDRW, mine is on USB cdrom1. After each
    session you must burn a CDRW to save your changes
    if any were made.

    With extra work you can even add programs to
    be loaded from the second CDRW. None of this
    needs a hard drive or changes the hard drive.

    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/BurnHome

    I now have installed gmplayer which will play
    DVD movies. Sorry I am too lazy to make a
    cool screen shot

    I may soon add a feature to get files automatically
    at boot up from the internet with wget.

    This is not fast or high powered but it can be useful
    for special situations.

    Let me know if it can work for you.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

Similar Threads

  1. Making screenshots
    By Nikolay in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:20 PM
  2. Screenshots
    By Nikolay in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:49 PM
  3. Screenshots Installation Knoppix 3.3
    By DaveICT in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 09:26 PM
  4. knopix + screenshots
    By xalia in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:54 PM
  5. Send in your screenshots!
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Samsung 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4 2400 ECC RDIMM M393A4K40BB1 Cisco Server RAM picture

Samsung 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4 2400 ECC RDIMM M393A4K40BB1 Cisco Server RAM

$1650.00



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available

$97.49



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop picture

Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop

$44.99