-
Knoppix Latest build and USB storage ?
Hi all..
I have a couple of questions re: the latest Knoppix livecd.
1) Can I store my home directory/config/desktop etc to my USB Pendrive ? when I use the live cd..???
2) Is OpenOffice 1.1 included ?
3) Is Java 1.4.2_02 included ?
4) Is Evolution 1.4.x included ?
Finally if some apps are not include, are there instructions on how to modify the ISo etc..?
Any info much appreciated.
Andrew
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Knoppix Latest build and USB storage ?

Originally Posted by
castlesoft
Hi all..
I have a couple of questions re: the latest Knoppix livecd.
1) Can I store my home directory/config/desktop etc to my USB Pendrive ? when I use the live cd..???
Yes. Use the option from the Knoppix folder in your K menu

Originally Posted by
castlesoft
2) Is OpenOffice 1.1 included ?
Yes.

Originally Posted by
castlesoft
3) Is Java 1.4.2_02 included ?
I'm not sure about this. I the Blackdown Java package is used.

Originally Posted by
castlesoft
4) Is Evolution 1.4.x included ?
No. There is no version of Evolution on the CD...not enough space.

Originally Posted by
castlesoft
Finally if some apps are not include, are there instructions on how to modify the ISo etc..?
Yes. Check the following places.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/li...0/knoppix.html
-
Thanks..
Is there a legal reason why Java 1.4.2_02 can't be installed ?
It would be nice to have it included..
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 10:24 AM
-
By AndrewMSConvert in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 09:22 AM
-
By T in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 01:17 AM
-
By m_yates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 08:12 PM
-
By gramplex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 08:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95