-
Junior Member
registered user
Floppy mnt problems
Whenever I click on the floppy icon i get this error
Unable to run the command specified. The file or directory
file:/mnt/floppy does not exist.
I am running Knoppix 3.3 on a Dell Latitude CPI D266XT. At the time of this error I have a floppy in the floppy drive, Knoppix installed on my harddrive. Please help me out on what I should do.
-
you don't have /mnt/floppy, make the folder with mkdir /mnt/floppy on kosole as root
-
Junior Member
registered user
floppy
I inserted the directory but now I need to be able to save things or copy over files to the floppy drive. What should I do now?
-
to make floppy icon on the desktop, right click on the desktop and select Create New, Floppy Device..", click on the Device use the pull down menu to select /dev/fd0 (/floppy)
Now yout can fully control the floppy with desktop icon.
Please don't forget to unmount floopy before you take off your floppy from the drive
-
Junior Member
registered user
Floppy drive
Thanks a bunch. My floppy drive now works perfectly.
Similar Threads
-
By kevmo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 10:59 PM
-
By Jakykong in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 08:09 PM
-
By rainco in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 12:05 PM
-
By fez in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 12:57 AM
-
By fez in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$236.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00