Info on this page under modem installation:
http://www.phpcad.com/knoppix-install.html
I have a copy of Knoppix 3.1 CD. I have a US Robotics Pro modem.
It is set to com5. That the only com port that this modem can be set to in Windows ME according to the people at US Robotics.
In the setup of modem in Knoppix the choice are
/dev/ttyS0 = com1
/dev/ttyS1 = com2
/dev/ttyS2 = com3
/dev/ttyS3 = com4
I used this modem with Lindows CD
which has a setting for /dev/ttyS4 = com5 and it worked find for internet.
I didn't like Lindows CD - the fonts was real crappy. I requested a refund.
Knoppix looks better than Lindows CD, if I could only get on net.
Does anyone know a fix for this or has it been corrected in 3.3
Thanks Jim![]()
Info on this page under modem installation:
http://www.phpcad.com/knoppix-install.html
Hi JimKes,
I recall discussion of com5 on the forum.
Do a search for com5.
Does this one help?
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=720#2839
Best Wishes
paradocs
Just a thought: if you can still boot to lindows, you might write down the
minor/major numbers of your /dev/ttyS5 device entry, and create a similar
one under knoppix using mknod (see "man mknod" for details).
Thanks for reply, I read in another post that starting with 3.2 they have added /dev/ttyS4. I have started downloading 3.3.
According to my download manager the size is 733,929,472 (700 MB)
How many bytes will a 700 MB CDR hold?
Is their going to be any room left for the help files?
Do they make CDR,s that hold more like 750 MB?
Jim Kester![]()
Hi JimKes,
The KNOPPIX iso must be burned to one full CD
so you can not add anything without remastering
and making you own version. One step of
making a remaster is to decide what to cut out.
Need something bigger? I use the DVD KNOPPIX
which can be much larger. Only one official
DVD was made and there is no schedualed
new version. See this forum for the DVD remaster
project for something really big!
Best Wishes
paradocs

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
LINKSYS SPA3102 VOICE GATEWAY VOIP ADAPTER WITH BUILT-IN ROUTER W ADAPTER CABLE
$32.20