-
Keyboard setup
I spent two days on configuring my danish keyboard. See http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6479 for my postings.
Why isn't the "XkbLayout" option in the "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" file also changed when configuring language and keyboard in the Control Center?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Keyboard setup

Originally Posted by
sn0wflake
I spent two days on configuring my danish keyboard. See
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6479 for my postings.
Why isn't the "XkbLayout" option in the "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4" file also changed when configuring language and keyboard in the Control Center?
You have to dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 to do that (or maybe it is xserver-common I always get them mixed up). With the options you are choosing in the KDE Control Center you are setting KDE's options for your personal preference not the system wide X server option.
-
Try KXconfig. It changes XF86Config-4, too.
-
Annoying
No matter what, I still think that when setting the language and keyboard setting, they should do what I expect. I think it's stupid that I have to do at least two things to get the keyboard working.
Similar Threads
-
By cubrovic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 08:52 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 05:34 PM
-
By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 10:23 PM
-
By chada in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 08:25 AM
-
By VeeDubb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 32
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 04:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

HP ProLiant 460 Series G7 Blade 2x Xeon E5649 2.53Ghz w/ 16Gb DR3, No HD, QTY
$74.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60