http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...543&highlight=
If you figure it out out, let me know...
I've been working on mine awhile, and can't get it to go.
I'm fairly new to knoppix, does anyone know how to get an Orinoco 802.11b/g Gold card Model 8470-wd to work? I tried running wlanconfig and it says 'no wireless network card found' help me please![]()
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...543&highlight=
If you figure it out out, let me know...
I've been working on mine awhile, and can't get it to go.
The gold B card seems to work fine for me, but I have not tried on of the G cards. Does it use the same chip?
thing is....its not just a b card....its their b/g combo card
OK if you are just trying to get the card to "work" i.e. surf the net you are going to want to take a look at Linuxant - however this may or may not get the card working for goodies like Kismet and AirSnort.
Take a look at a discussion and a link to Linuxant here.
--r00t
I had the same problem. what you need to do is download the madwifi drivers from sourceforge. then configure and install them and all that stuff. then once you have it installed, you have to type 'pump -i ath0' and it should start blinking, and working. I can surf the net, but cannot for the life of me get kismet working. eh half the battle is still a victory though.

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel Core i5-12500T 2.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5W
$119.99